Thursday, February 9, 2012

Polishing the lounge room boards

What a tale I have to tell about when Paul and Vicki decided to get the floorboards polished in the lounge room!  This was just before Christmas.  I was not impressed, I can tell you.....

 Here is a photo of me refusing to come into the lounge room once all the floor was polished.  What is that stupid blue tape for?  I don't know, maybe to stop me coming in.....

 This is where all the furniture went - the lounges and TV and they were covered in sheets so they didn't get dust on them....

 This is after the first day of sanding.....it happened all over again the next day.

 See, you can see where the floorboards have been sanded but not yet laquered.

There was a surprise when the carpet came up from the stairs - all the wood had rotted away and needed to be replaced.  Lucky the floor sander guy was also a carpenter...

Eating dinner on temporary furniture in between sanding and laquering the floor.  Paul was very happy he could still watch TV after he pulled all the sheets off it.....

Paul relaxing and eating dinner in his blow-up Holden Chair (that's like a brand of car for all my US kitty mates - GM Chevrolet is the closest.  Paul apparently drives a 5.8 litre one - does that mean anything to any of you????).  Anyhoo, you can see I am all out of sorts as there is no lounge on which I can lounge - beanbags don't cut it for me.


So here I am surveying the polished floor.  I was not keen to walk on it - even when the furniture was all put back......

 Vicki is trying to coax me further into the room but I am not having a bar of it......where is my magic rug?


 But you have to love the new stairs - what a lovely job (at short notice)


So here is the lounges being put back into place.  But there is still no cushions or rugs on the lounges to make it homely for me....


 I am still not convinced........

 Nice job, yes but I still want everything else back in place.....the lamps, the coffee table.....


I took a long time to get over this change in my routine, but now I love slipping and sliding all over the boards.....

5 comments:

  1. It sure looks nice Batu and I'll bet that slip-sliding is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was a lot of work, but the floors look beautiful!...We bet you might have some fun slipping and sliding on them, especially after a little nip, eh??!!hehe...Happy day, handsome Batu!...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Batu, the floors look great! Glad to hear you're enjoying them now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have been a big job, Batu! But the floors look great now!! We bet you can do some sliding on them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. marble polishing company
    Also, our services are introduced to the companies in prices that make you prefer us to be your close partner, as we have loyal packages contain using the best equipment in polishing your marble, including diamond granites, sprays, and stone brushes.
    floor polishing companies near me
    https://www.smartcareae.com/marble-polishing-company/

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments - get those paws tapping!